Get to know the TMT Team in our new feature, Employee Spotlight!
Rebecca Cowan is an Accounting Assistant here at TMT Development. Our intern Jay Park recently sat down with Rebecca to ask her a few questions about her job.
1. How long have you worked with TMT? Fifteen years this month!
2. Where did you graduate from? Marylhurst Univeristy
3. What brought you to TMT? I started working here as a temp and then I became a full-time employee.
4. What are your everyday duties? Paying bills, depositing checks, and keeping track of records and reports.
5. What is your favorite task? Depositing big checks
6. What is your least favorite task? I dislike confronting vendors when they have made a mistake.
7. What are you most excited about in regards to Park Avenue West? The exterior of the tower is very unique for downtown, so the building gets a lot of natural light. I also like that the area around the building is always bustling.
8. What is the most common problem in the Fox Tower? Temperature issues. It’s either too cold or too hot.
9. What type of qualities do you need to succeed in this job? You definitely need strong organizational skills
10. What does your ideal day look like? When everything on my list gets done efficiently and accurately. Also, I enjoy having a variety of projects rather than one task.
11. What is the best feature in this building? Definitely the views.
12. What have you learned the most through this job? Accounting principles.
13. What advice would you give to a new accountant? Stay organized and figure out how to work well with a variety of personalities.
14. What was the biggest mistake you made while on the job? Losing a stack of checks on my desk when I was fairly new to the job.
15. What was the most gratifying thing you did while on the job? When I was working as a property manager, I assisted with the beginning stages of developing Park Avenue West by contacting vendors for bids and reaching out to the city for the clarification of city policies/regulations.